Jeremiah's Blog

Welcome to Jeremiah's Blog! My writings document my political views, philosophy & views of life, & the life cycle of the Hearts 'a Bustin' shrub and more, based on more than 95 years of observation.
Visit my other blog too:

  • Our Alabama Heritage Blog
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

    Wednesday, August 15, 2007

    A Test of Life vs Death


    I have known of persons who had all manner of things wrong with their bodies who were still alive; that is, they were able to think and communicate with other people. When I was very young I was amazed to see a man at a carnival who had no arms but who was able to do extraordinary things. He demonstrated his skills by using his feet to do such things as eating and drinking. Then he really impressed the crowd by sitting in front of a canvas and painting a picture.

    In adult life I have seen deaf people drive an automobile in Knoxville, TN. In Roswell, GA, Linn Hendershot, confined to a wheel chair carried on a business which helped me get my book “The Nudge of Fate” written. There are blind people living at Chambrel who do most of the things that the rest of us do on a routine basis.

    The purpose of this document is to guide people in determining whether I am dead or not. On the telephone or the internet there are times when persons need confirmation of my claimed identity.
    They seem to have certain questions they use. “What is your birthday?” “Your Social Security number?” “Your mother’s maiden name?” “Your password?”

    If those people determine my identity by the answer to those questions, then my answers to them should prove that I am yet alive. So, here they are: June 4, 1913;
    419-07-5640; Dorothy Arrie Stewart; and 34822548 (my Army serial number).

    If I can give just one of those answers. I am not dead. I may not be worth the expense of efforts to keep me alive; I may not be able to do any constructive work, but I am not dead. It would be a good idea to repeat those questions periodically to verify that I am yet alive. When I can’t answer at least one of them, I am dead.

    “So long. It’s been good to know you!”

    July 1, 2005

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home