Jeremiah's Blog

Welcome to Jeremiah's Blog! My writings document my political views, philosophy & views of life, & the life cycle of the Hearts 'a Bustin' shrub and more, based on more than 95 years of observation.
Visit my other blog too:

  • Our Alabama Heritage Blog
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Roswell, Georgia, United States

    Wednesday, August 15, 2007

    101 Ways to Say It

    101 WAYS TO SAY IT

    “Thanks, Mom. I could not have made it without your help and support.”

    “Thanks, Dad. You will never know how many things you did and said that helped me grow from the baby stage to manhood. Nor can I ever get you to understand how grateful I am and how much I love you.”

    “I am old enough now to understand how much you sacrificed of yourself to enable me to grow up and be a man worthy of your trust. Daily thoughts of your actions and advice remind me to tell you again that I love you.”

    “I know now that you had to know of the things I did that displeased you. It took me a long time to grasp the intensity of your tolerance, love and patience that enabled you to care and help me grow into responsible manhood. For this and a lot more I thank you and will always be grateful.”

    “The greatest miracle of life has to be the patience, skill and love that enable parents to raise kids from the age of stupid awkwardness into adulthood and responsible living. Every day I pray for help in understanding this and expressing my gratitude for your making this miracle happen.”

    “ Thanks, Thanks, Thanks-----I know that saying it cannot express fully my gratitude for your forgiveness, patience and guidance expressed in so many ways during the days from birth to this time in helping me learn to face the joys and sad events of life. I am grateful and I want you to know that I love you.”

    “The world is so busy, time seems so scarce and procrastination is so persistent, BUT, this day I want to bring you the most important message of my life: I am grateful for you as my mother and for the numberless acts of love and patience you blessed me with. I love you.”

    The world and its busy-ness makes it far too easy for one to feel that parents
    already know that we love them and are grateful for their lifetime of devotion. We should not let anything deter us from telling them in some way, everyday that we do truly love them and care for their comfort and good health.

    These quotes are not copied from cards on a rack; they are not quoted to shame anyone for having omitted their thoughts from their vocabulary. They are presented as a reminder that our parents have many minutes of idle time that could be made delightfully real and joyful by expression of such words and phrases by their loved ones.

    Young people may feel that time is flowing from an endless supply but the reality is that older folk know that most of the sand has already dropped to the bottom. Those remaining grains can be made much dearer by knowledge that they are loved.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home